Friday, January 13, 2017

Oleta River State Park (Cont.#3)

Marilyn and Heidi
I texted some of my new friends who are on their boats near us, and with whom we have been sharing sundowners, and asked them if they'd like to take a walk in the park with me.  Two of them joined me.  Marilyn's husband, Vic was kind to come pick me up in his dinghy since Ed was working on ours.  It's a beautiful park and we had a lovely walk.  Here are some of my photos:


i



Marilyn


Walked along the ICW


Very fast moving butterfly!

Playing hide and seek with me!

This bush produces edible capers.

Not sure what kind of fruit this is, but the seed looks like an apricot's seed.

I love this tree with it's roots hanging down.  This is a Banyan Tree.  It's a fig that starts its life as an epiphyte - its seeds germinate in the cracks and crevices on a host tree or on buildings and bridges.   Wikipedia



We had fun playing with our cameras and doing a panoramic of ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment