Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Manatee Center and Downtown Ft. Pierce


Our new friends, Cindy and John, took us to the Manatee Center.  They knew the place right near there that had lots of manatees.   I was so excited I could hardly contain myself!



They drove us in the RV camper which was so comfy to ride in.  



 The inside of the center was closed due to it being New Year's Day, so we walked around the area.

A mural on the outside wall.

A manatee painting a landscape.  I love the art work in this area!

Not sure what this is used for, but I thought it was neat!

These were two very strange looking manatees!




                      The men folk were busy talking sailor talk!
Cindy shared her crackers with the pigeons.


Downtown Ft. Pierce - by City Harbor
 
This pigeon was hoping for a fish!
Trumpet Fish

Notice how the seagulls all point into the wind.  No ruffled feathers here!
Some of the many fish in the harbor.

Trumpet Fish






 I bought some fish food and the cat fish and the seagulls went absolutely crazy over it!
If you look closely, you may be able to see the whiskers on these large cat fish!



I just can't resist taking pictures of the pelicans!  Please feel free to pass by quickly if you are tired of them!






For a change of pace, here's a manatee - the only one I saw all day.

A crab scurrying around the rocks.  One of many!
 
Another chair - this time with a manatee on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment