Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Departing Ft. Pierce, Harbortown Marina, Fl.

With a sad adieu we left Harbortown Marina to begin our final part of the ICW.  We enjoyed meeting the people at the marina, and hope to keep in touch with them.

Our journey started out almost like our original start .... with a faulty part.  The blower for the engine didn't start right away.  Time for a new one, but Ed got it working so that we could carry on and fix it later.  We traveled about 30 miles today and anchored in a nice spot.  We are the only boats anchored here.  Very quiet!

We got here early enough so Ed could put in the new blower.  He had to go locker diving again, but he managed wonderfully to get the job done!  New blower works very well!  He had to kludge getting the new one in as it's smaller than the old one (it was advertised as being an exact replacement).

My faux pas for the day was losing the brush head off our extension brush.  I decided to scrub the decks and while I was fiddling with the connection between the brush and the handle, the brush fell off and landed in the water.  It being very hot outside, I decided that I would "rescue" the brush by swimming after it.  The water was cold but I got used to it very quickly.  I managed to snag it and swam back to the boat safely.  It felt so good!  The front part of the boat looks very clean now!  I will wash the back another day.  Ed occupied a lot of the space doing his big job.

Here are some pictures of the water - it is starting to change to a lighter, greener color!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment