Monday, January 2, 2017

Jetty Park

Before we returned the rental car, we took a field trip to Jetty Park in Ft. Pierce.  This was a very remarkable park with porch type swings along the water, areas for fishermen, paths for walking and riding bikes and skateboards and such.  There was art work in the form of benches that were made with mosaic tiles with sea life as the theme.  The ocean was filled with people kite surfing, which I have never seen before, and which I would not be strong enough to even attempt to do myself!

This is what the area looked like:








A very cute climbing frame for the children.














These were some of water birds there.  This bird is a night heron.  Notice how you can't see it's nect when it crouches down. 

 
Here are my favorite birds - the pelicans.  There are so many in Florida and can easily be photographed!  If I only knew how easy it was, I would not have even attempted to get their picture in the beginning of our trip in the southern part of the bay!


Here are the chairs that are so beautiful!  Each one was different.  I never learned the name of the artist, but I did learn that there was one artist who designed all of them and with the help of a few other artists made them for the town.  There is a large group of artists around the town of Ft. Pierce.  This only made me want to stay longer to see more of their art!








Here's is a picture of a kite surfer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment