Sunday, February 12, 2017

Warderick Wells #2



The cairns of Boo Boo Hill were very impressive!  The pile could be seen almost from across the island.  It is one's own physical memory of being on the hill and in the Bahamas! 


On the wood is the name of the boat, the owner's name and a date when they were there.  Some were done in a hurry while others were done with a lot of care and creativity. 

Here's Ed looking over the pile.  We spent a bunch of time reading the signs to see if we recognized any of the boats.  We did find a couple boats we knew.

We were unaware of this tradition until we climbed Boo Boo for first time.  So, when we were back at the boat Ed and I designed our own plaque.  We used a broken cutting board which I saved for some future purpose.  I improvised with tools on hand.  I used a ball point pen to scratch in the outline of the words.  I brought just 3 tubes of paint with me on the trip and used those.  It was a lot of fun.  It will be interesting to see if it's still up the hill if we ever come back again!


As you know I love animals, and I am very fond of reptiles. Here are more photos of lizards. I never got tired of seeing them dart here and there under my feet!  (sorry if I am wearing you out with lizard photos!)




 




    

King of the Hill!

Hamming it up for the Camera!




After a long uphill walk, the beach was a delightful way to cool off!






To be continued.........!

No comments:

Post a Comment