Monday, February 6, 2017

Back to the Birds!


 I did go back to photographing birds.  On Leaf Cay there was an especially and unusually friendly bird.  It was definitely looking for food.  I have never seen a wild bird act like this one did.  As soon as our dinghy landed on shore and we had gotten out of it, it landed right in-between us on the dinghy!

When we walked up a hill and were by some shrubs it would swoop by us and land on a branch right by our faces!  On the beach I had picked up a natural sponge and as soon as I did this, the bird landed on my finger thinking the sponge was something good to eat!  (No photo of this as it was very sudden and he didn't stay on my finger long!)  I bent down to touch something and he landed on my butt!  Quite a character!





 A guessing game....see if you can find the bird hidden in the photo below.  It sang us a beautiful song (can't upload videos from a slow internet here) and after it stopped singing it flew in front of us into a low tree.  It was a bigger bird than the one above and it was tan in color.  Almost like a morning dove.




Here is the same photo but cropped so you can see the bird a little bit easier.  Great camo!
 


 Here is some of the flora on Leaf Cay.  Don't know what fruit these are.  The little bird that landed on me would drink from the spot on the end of the fruit.







Sea Life coming up......

No comments:

Post a Comment