Monday, October 17, 2016



This is what the Bay looked like yesterday!  Very choppy with 1 to 3 ft. waves and 15 mph winds directly in front of us.  Sort of like a roller coaster.

I made the mistake of going down below to the cabin and had to come back up with a pretty queasy stomach!  Too much rolling around for me.   It took about an hour to
                                                                        feel settled down!



        This is what I looked like with that queasy kind of feeling!  Ugh!


Someone on board didn't have the stomach problem!  The Captain has been enjoying the meals served by the Admiral, aka - chief cook and bottle washer!

It's fun to cook on the boat.  There is always some improvising that needs to be done since supplies are more limited in the boat's galley versus the home kitchen.  This gives me a chance to experiment with my cooking which I love to do!  I found a cook book online - The boat galley cookbook by Carolyn Shearlock and Jan Irons.  They have a similar way of cooking as I do and I seem to be able to find a recipe that I can easily adapt to what I have on board.  Plus, they encourage substituting and anything you want to do with their recipes!

The second stop of our journey was to Herrington Harbor North.   Not to get confused with Herrington Harbor South!                                                                 This is a huge marina and I wish we could have stayed longer
                                                                than an overnight!  Lots of photo ops.  



















Herrington Harbor by day:















                    
The birds were on top of several of the boats in the harbor.  You can tell the boats that weren't used for quite a while by the number of birds on top as well as amount of bird poop!










No comments:

Post a Comment