Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Hampton, VA

First I want to explain the nonsensical ltrs. at the end of my last blog....it translates-time for bed, I am falling asleep!

We stayed in Hampton Marina yesterday.  We were just there for a night.  We went out for a nice late lunch early dinner at a place called Venture.  We both had seared scallops- yum!




After lunch, we took a mile walk to the nearest hardware store, Patrick's, looking for pump parts.  No luck.  Walked another mile back and found, right near the marina, a park with a renovated carousel.  It was made in June 1991.  Everything around the carousel, as well as all the horses, are the original!  Ed actually agreed to ride it with me!  It was so fun and brought back lots of fun memories!












This is the history of the carousel.  I am so glad people care enough to preserve somethings from the past!








The Captain looks kind of pensive here!










                                                         
I am loving this!  I forgot how enjoyable it is to ride a carousel!  The kid in me is coming out again!




This was the head of my horse!  The whole place was decorated for Halloween.  They have planned a big haunted party later in the month.












We met another couple, Judy and Steve, and they came over for a drink and an appetizer.  There are some really interesting people around!  They lived on their boat for 14 years!  They had a Pearson also but it was 36',  quite a bit larger than ours.  They had a lot more storage space!  We had such a good time!  They shared a lot of stories about the ditch!



Stay tuned for the next blog!  The Ditch will come!


No comments:

Post a Comment