Friday, March 17, 2017

Black Point #4

Some of you may know that Ed and I started on a (as low as you can go) low carb diet right at the start of our trip.  It was working out pretty well, especially the first couple of months.  We have gradually upped our intake of carbs just a little.  Well..........when we arrived here one of the first things some people told us......."you have to get some of Corene's fresh baked bread!"   Well.........we are good listeners so, we bought her raisin bread which was still warm from the oven, and a loaf of her coconut bread (this last loaf was under my persistence since I am the only one who loves coconut).   It was the best bread!  It was the first bread we have eaten since October!

It made a delightful french toast!   By the way, guess who decided he liked coconut bread?  So much for having a loaf to myself!!!

Corene in her kitchen with her wonderful bread!

An activity I have been wanting to learn since getting to the Bahamas is learning how to plait with palmetto fronds.  This very lovely lady was preparing some fronds and very graciously and patiently taught me how to do it.  She got me started, gave me a few fronds, and told me to do my homework.


My finished homework - a headband! (my hair is tied back in a ponytail - it looks really short in this photo)

1 comment:

  1. When we bought bread at Black Point we couldnt even wait to get back to our boat and started eating it in the dinghy! The aroma of warm bread gets to you.

    ReplyDelete