Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"Take me home", ICW, "Take me home"

The crossing from Bimini to Florida went very well.  There was a bit of chop, but it was very tolerable.  It was hard to say good-bye to all that beautiful blue water!!!!!!

Back in the United States!  It really felt like being home when we crossed over the continental shelf into Fort Lauderdale, FL!  There was such a drastic difference between here and the Bahamas.  The Bahamas were beautiful, but the development was sparse and a lot of it run down in need of repair, whereas in Florida, it's the opposite - large beautiful buildings, all in neat pristine condition!  As much as I love how gorgeous it looks here in Florida, I'd take the Bahamas over it any old day!  Guess I am a simple loving gal! (except when it comes to boats - more on that another day!)








We anchored out after our crossing in Sunrise Bay.  We anchored here on our way South.  We will probably repeat a lot of our stops, although Ed keeps talking about finding new places - there are just so many good anchorages and we already found many of them.  When we got here the first time, I went swimming.  I had no desire to swim - could it be because the water wasn't a clear blue any more?  I think I am utterly spoiled!!!  I wonder what I'll think when I get to the Chesapeake!

Next blog - an eventful day in history........



No comments:

Post a Comment