Monday, April 3, 2017

Back to Bimini #2


I like being back in Bimini.  It is a very nice island and it will always have a fond place in my heart - it's the first place I've been in the Bahamas.  

One of the first things we tried to do when we arrived is to get an empanada (a meat pie) from a bakery in town.  They are so good, we just had to have one.  With it being an island and a small one at that, they don't always have the supplies at hand when they run out.  So, no empanadas until next week when the supply boat comes in.   Next trip!  Glad we had one the first time we were here!

My priority was to go to the beach close to where we are docked.  So, this afternoon, we hit the beach.  The water was fantastic.  The waves were gentle and the air temp was warm and pleasant.  (It's all relative, though, Ed will disagree with my description of warm - for him it was hot.)


This is such a beautiful beach.  Here I'm eyeing it's beauty and trying to be patient while Ed was getting his shoes off.



Hi, everyone!  It was a perfect day to be in the water!





I love sitting out with my feet covered in sand after I'm out of the water!




Looking relaxed here as he reads his kindle and keeps the sun off! (Ed is not a beach lover - doesn't like the feel of sand and salt.  He was a real trooper, though, by being at the beach with me and being very patient while I stayed in the water for quite a while!  My one and only!)


 
Tomorrow we get our water topped off and Ed needs to reattach our radar reflector.  The reflector fell down from the spreaders about a week ago.  Ed put it back up temporarily, but now that we're at a marina, he is going to make a more permanent fix.  I am not sure how he is going to do this!


Wednesday......................... Back in the U.S. of A.



No comments:

Post a Comment