Monday, April 17, 2017

Projects along the way!

I posted these on facebook, but here they are again for anyone who doesn't look at facebook.  I took along things for me to do during quiet times.  I have had fun creating........


This is a metal loom for making wired bracelets.





 I made this bracelet for myself.  That's a starfish in the middle.  One row of beads is straight and the other row is curved.



This is a bracelet I made for Sarah (not a surprise any more!).  There is an octopus charm on the front and the beads are inbetween the wires.

I was going to make a knitted bag, but ran out of yarn.  So, I made a cowl neck scarf instead.  I crocheted a small palm tree and sewed it to the scarf.  Not sure who is getting this yet!

I knitted this backpack for myself for when we went into town I could carry my purchases in it.  It works well except the shell button keeps coming loose and falling off.  I am going to have to use a regular button.  Because the bag is knitted it stretches when I put things in it and that's what made the shell button come off.  Back to the "drawing" board!  This was also the first time I put a design, like my anchor here, into my knitting.  It's not added onto the bag but I changed colors to get the design in.  Lot of mistakes but have learned since then how to do it better.  I have started a new one and I expect that to be an improved model!  

The new bag and maybe one more bracelet is in store for my creativity.

I have some Mary Kay reading to do to get ready to being back home and back in business!

Georgia................!

No comments:

Post a Comment