Friday, April 7, 2017

On the "Road" again!


After the Lantana anchoring spot, we traveled on to Hobe Sound.  This was where I went swimming to fetch a brush from my broom I knocked overboard.  It is a very pretty place.  (I didn't even attempt to get the broom out!)



CHEERS! 
We opened a bottle of wine we bought in Bimini tonight.  It was a French wine (I won't pretend it's an expensive wine!) but it was good.  It was similar to a Merlot only sweeter.  Our friend, Lynn, gave us the beautiful wine stopper and plate set as a boat warming gift years ago!


It's going to take me a while to get used to being on the ICW again after all these months.  Florida, especially, with all the bridges we have to go through.  It is what it is and sometimes we just have to wait our turn.  This is not always the attitude taken though, especially with one bridge that only opened once on the hour.  We timed our leaving this morning so we would make all the bridges.  Well.........the bridge right before this longest timed bridge was late opening and, of course, kept us from getting to the other one on time.  A half hour seems long, but an hour to wait is even worse!  There may be more to come, but I think we are past the worst of it!  Next trip South may mean skipping Florida altogether and going down via the ocean way!

I am getting more practice being at the helm.  One of the next purchases to come for our boat (that is if I can't talk hubby into a bigger boat!) is a captain's chair.  I'm not sure how Ed can stand for so long steering the boat!   If you notice Ed with more gray hairs - I may be to blame!  Actually, I am doing pretty well!

Next blog.......Vero Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment