Monday, November 7, 2016

Leaving Myrtle, going through the Rock Pile onto Wacamaw River and anchoring in Thoroughfare Creek



 I am changing the way I've been blogging for a while.  I am so far behind in sharing our travels due to slow internet or just plain sleepiness!  Being on the water at night makes me so tired especially after a busy day (believe it or not, motoring all day can be tiring!)  So, until I am all caught up, I am going to tell my story just through the photos.  I'll call this part of my blob, Joan's photo blog!

This is the bridge that caused the traffic jam as were sightseeing in Myrtle Beach.

Beautiful area with some cool reflections - just outside Myrtle Beach

This photo and the next 2 photos are called the Rock Pile in the ICW.  We had to motor right down the middle of the Ditch due to all the rocks that aren't just what you see - there are rocks under the water and away from the edge of the land.



After the Rock Pile we eventually went into the Wacamaw River.  This is another of my absolute favorite areas!  It would around in almost a zig zag pattern.  Here are signs of Fall along the way:



The water made some amazing patterns:












         





   Reflections were breathtaking!

















Coyote
Some of the wildlife of this area.


:
  Vultures








There were a lot of these Cypress Trees by the edge of the canal.  Notice the roots at the bottom.  Very different kind of trees.  Many of them were not doing well.







Come sail with us down this beautiful river!



Stay tuned for Ed's adventure in Thoroughfare Creek...............



No comments:

Post a Comment